1. What is the criteria set out for qualification of a bona fide black supplier?
• Your company must be 51% or more black- owned, controlled and managed.
• The persons who make up the majority ownership must be South African Citizens.
• The highest titled position in the business (i.e. Managing Director or Member, CEO, Chairman of the Board etc.) must be held by a black person.
• The business must be headquartered in South Africa.
• The business must be compliant with the statutory requirements of South Africa.
• The business must be operating and can demonstrate a clear product and/or service offering.
2. I’m a black entrepreneur wishing to start up my own business. Can the SASDC help me?
• Unfortunately the SASDC only works with established-black owned businesses who are ready to reach corporate procurement staff. We don’t specialize in enterprise development because there is already an extended network of assistance in that area.
3. I’m a foundation or a service-providing non-profit organization. Can I become certified?
• No, unfortunately the SASDC does not certify foundations or service-providing non-profit organizations at this time.